Saturday, January 9, 2010

Letter to Dead Negroes in Cyberspace

Letter to Dead Negroes in Cyberspace

are you there
anybody home
on the moon
text me
while giving head
i'll know you're alive maybe
head ain't no real indication
the dead walk and chew gum

cell phone black berry i phone
you phone
me no phone
dropping out
send me esp
read my mind in black space
you so smart
send me a thought from east coast
or dirty south
i will know
don't worry bout how

keep your i phone in yo pocket
while making love please
are you the prez
what's so important
you ain't
so relax
make love wit da one ya wit
fo you be singin bout papers
a golf club upside yo head
po tiger
billion dollar nigguh
can't funk in peace

don't call me
i don't want to hear the same
conversation every day
can't change the subject to save yo life
nigguh please

beat a bata or djembe to me
that loud arrogant drum
talkin war talk
send me that message
or none at all.

save your words for some
ignut nigguh wit no thoughts
no ideas no dreams
he just raps in rhymes all day

talk with him or listen
to nursery rhymes til you sleep
sleep little baby sleep.
Marvin X
1/9/10

See the BBP Journal of Black Poetry Section, now under construction: www.blackbirdpressnews.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment