Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Pan African Intergenerational Dialogue


YouTube - THE UNITED STATES OF AFRICA, Kwame Nkrumah Speaks!



















Marvin X
I wanted to attend Howard but an elder told me to stay home, so I attended Merritt College where I met Bobby Seale and Huey Newton and others who turned me onto black nationalism. It was the greatest happening in my life, a black education with my own kind. Dr. Nathan Hare says we are always being directed to "other worlds," or anywhere but here. ... See MoreGo to the moon, China, Africa, anywhere but here.So use the mind God gave you and go for self. Just know the ancestors are watching you. Where is your nation, by the way?
Yesterday at 11:01pm ·

Sho'mane Ture
Yes, good elder, I will pay close attention to these words, in words of nation, my ideas is not a national or Black Nationalism idea anymore since we must expand these ideas on a global level, it is more of a continental idea in fact a transcontinental idea, meanining I would say my home is wherever people of African ancestry reside that care about... See More the improvement of our people... that may be Africa as a continent and Ghana, Ethiopia, Congo as a Nation, or (Latin) America as a continent, with Brazil etc.; as the Nation or organizing African Brazilians to form a nation within a nation to liberate themselves from oppression while still building relationships and unity with other Africans (Blacks) in other nations, independent territories, and colonial lands... It is a lot to be said on this new/old way of seeing Black Nationalism and Pan African Movements. Love.
15 hours ago · Report

Marvin X
Go down to Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and save your Pan African, Diaspora, transnational people lost in the wilderness of north america. Think globally, act locally.
7 hours ago ·

Salina Perry
God will direct u to where u need to be. Pray on it & do what He leads u to. Happy for u hun, I know it's been a journey.
7 hours ago · Report

Marvin X
Why not work on self-determination for the four million Pan Africans in NYC. The Negro will organize everywhere except his own backyard or front yard, or his own house. He will go to the moon first and try to help the moonies. It is an escape from the self, that dreaded black self, that monster created here in the hells of north america. So he will... See More go anyhere, help any people except those directly connected to him by blood, sweat and tears. Yes, I'm a narrow minided black nigguh nationalist, first, then Pan Africanist, then internationalist.
5 hours ago ·

Sho'mane Ture
The goal was to never leave America to never return, the goal is to not help one area and not the other, the goal is unity no matter where people of African ancestry reside, our blood runs deeper then James Town and the forest of Amerikkka, it spills into every continent on this earth! I organize local, national, and transcontinental, this is what... See More my master thesis is about, I will organize in Oakland, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, New York, as well as Sri Lanka, Philippines, Indonesia, Jamaica, Barbados, even Turkey if there is a need, I don't know about them Negros that was their limitations or Niggas with a divisive vision... I am going to Africa to build relationships with family, but who said family must be narrowly defined? Africa is in the spirit not geography, therefore my spirit will take me wherever there is love, unity, and healing… We must build communication with the African Diaspora and the African continent period, I will act on all levels, there is to much thinking and not enough action, or the action that is down is on very small levels now with the same old faces, we need new blood. In for the record, I have created organizations and groups specifically for unity with people of African descent inside America, and through these experiences I feel it's time to organize on a larger scale now, this is my evolution, should I be a tadpole or butterfly?
2 hours ago · Report

Marvin X
Follow your bliss. Just remember you are a North American African, primarily. You are unique in this skin and can never get out of it, no matter where you go or what accent you acquire. You can gain the world but lose your soul. And I know you can walk and chew gum, but don't spread yourself too thin.

Shumane
Very true brotha, I agree a hundred percent, and that is why we must form a union, my thesis is actually talking about a umbrella union for all people, independent territories, and nations, it is not to relocate us but to unite us with different people of this skin (phenotype), language and religion are huge barriers and your right the Black experience in Amerika is unique, and this must be recognized by the African continent, this is why I feel the need to go to Africa to represent this sort of idea of establishing a multi-local or trans-community, multinational, transcontinental union with charters and chapters across the world working towards unity, development, and self-reliance (self-determination). This is a new/old way of seeing how we must organize for power which the ancients believed was "beneficial, useful, and profitable," something for the common good and the glory of the creator. But yes I agree wise brotha we must never abandon the Black experience in Amerikkka..."

Marvin X
My children are internationalist, they have traveled the world, studied in Africa and the Middle East. My daughter Muhammida's mother accompanied her to London and Paris. She said my daughter was as well known on the streets of London and Paris as she is on the streets of Harlem and Brooklyn.

My son Abdul (RIP) studied at the American University in Egypt and the University of Damascus, Syria. But he was so international there were no black friends at his funeral. He couldn't even talk with the boys in the hood, he was too international. He graduated in Arabic and Near Eastern Studies from UC Berkeley, did graduate work at Harvard, so what was he going to say to the boys in the hood whose conversation is the basic bitch, ho and motherfucker?

As people say to me working with these North American Africans, you have a daunting task--and so do you, brother. What is your timeline? Lumumba said it would take fifty years for the Congo to come out of neo-colonialism, and we see he was on the money, maybe another fifty since the scramble for precious metals is on as we speak.

And then there was Nkrumah with his vision of a United States of Africa. Yes, steps are in motion, but again, imagine the task before you. This is why I wrote How to Recover from the Addiction to White Supremacy, A Pan African/12 Step Model. We have yet, and refsue to, grapple with the Pan African mental trauma of slavery and colonialism. You can't unite with two negroes or Africans at this hour and trust them enough to walk around the corner.

Some giant Pan African ritual or rite of passage out of the addiction to white supremacy may be in order before we can seriously get down to work, pass the greed, corruption, jealousy and envy. Did you know you are "you people." I asked a graduate in Africana Studies the other day did they teach her who "you people" are? No, she replied.

So yes, the task is daunting, but Baraka asks, "Is it difficult for you?" And so I say go for what you know, just know you must pace yourself as John Henry Clarke said, this is not a sprint but a long distance run.
Peace and Love,
Marvin X

Our dialogue is posted on my blog: http://www.blackbirdpressnews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment