Monday, January 5, 2015

Marvin X and Empress Diamond attend 90th Birthday Celebration for Bay Area Media Diva Jerri Lange




 Marvin X and Empress Diamond show their love for Queen Mother Jerri Lange

I want to be like Jerri
live to 90
proud strong
dancing at my b day party
champagne glass in hand
with my children around me
showing much love and respect
I want to be like Jerri
healthy and wealthy with love
speaking my mind straight no chaser
We love you Jerri
wise woman in our midst.
--Marvin X
1/5/15

Long before Oprah, Jerri Lange was the first African American to host a nationally syndicated talk show, broadcast to 148 markets throughout the country. Today she celebrated her 90th birthday with son Michael, actor, writer and producer to my right who turns 66. Seated with his wife Mary, is Ted Lange Jerri's other son who played Isaac the bartender in the long running series "The Love Boat."

Marvin X and Empress Diamond, BAM Wellness Director, attended the 90th Birthday Celebration of Bay Area Media Diva, Jerri Lange, mother of Love Boat's Ted Lange, actor/director Michael Lange and James Lange.
photo Johnnie Burrell

 
 photographer Johnnie Burrell with Media Diva Jerri Lange



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU JERRI LANGE FOR CUTTING THOSE PATHS FOR US ALL! HAPPY HAPPY!
    I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR WORDS TO DEBORAH ASANTE AND I IN THE MIDST OF PRODUCING BLUE JAZZ. CABARET.... "YOU ARE LILLIES FROM THE MUD..BLACK BEAUTIES MY DEARS" THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete