Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tell My Horse















TELL MY HORSE SECTION


Don't tell me shit because I will tell the truth, the low down dirty truth, the funky truth, so help me God. My family doesn't tell me shit because they know it will end up in a book or on the Internet, so you do the same when you see me--mum is the word, here comes Marvin. "He will tell the truth, so don't say shit." Remember the man who said, "If God were your Father you would love me, but you seek to kill me because I tell you the truth."
Things People tell me
The things people tell me, you don’t want to know. I share a lot what they tell but some things are just TMI, too much information, over the top. A woman shared with me that her mother died and her father used to get drunk and tried to sexually molest her. He wanted to have sex with her even though he had never kissed or hugged her during childhood. She said maybe she would have had sex with him if he had hugged and held her as a child, but for him to demand sex without ever showing parental love was too much.
A friend has a childcare center. He had to cut our phone conversation short one day because his wife called from the childcare center saying she had to have a parent conference because a two year boy in Pampers was trying to have sex with all the girls, trying to grind on them, and when they changed his Pamper his little penis stood at attention while he grinned as if in anticipation of oral sex.
On another occasion my friend and I were talking and he cut short the phone call because his wife called saying they needed another parent conference because two five year old girls were having sex with each other, licking on each other.
A young negro told me when I tried to give him a leaflet that he didn’t read anything by Marvin X. I guess Marvin X is John Dillinger or Charles Manson. It’s questionable if the young negro can read anything. A Muslim sister said when she came to the Mosque in Oakland they told her to stay away from Marvin X and don't read any of his books.
A lady with a TV show wanted to interview me but said she didn’t like the title of my book My Friend the Devil. If I could discuss another book I could be on her show. I told her she was ignorant.
A young brother of nine years old said he read my books and they were fantastic, especially my poem Land of My Daughters. He said he had books too, so he went home and came back with books he’d written.
He said in the future gold would not be used but another metal much heavier. As he was speaking, my two year old grandson went outside and found some stones. He brought them to me and said, “G-baw (Grandfather) this is money.”
At first I wanted to tell him stones are not money. But then I thought that in the beginning stones, shells, cows and other items were/are money. So I accepted the nine year old and the two year olds ideas as prophecy. What the hell do I know? The nine year old and two year are from a world we shall never see, so how can we question their wisdom. As Gibran taught, they come through us but they are not us. We are the bow, they are the arrow.
My friend is dying of cancer but he says he has a virus, a little cough. My other friend has talked with him about his chemo sessions, but he tells me he only has a virus. He don't want people to know his problems, even his brothers in faith. We love him dearly because we know he is a soldier, a warrior, but we learn he is paralyzed from the waist down with spinal cancer, but he says he only has a virus. I do not tell the woman who loves him because she has lost too many men already, several husbands and lovers. I tell her friend, my ex-wife, to tell her the sad news.
When she finds out she is angry with me for not telling her about her first love, the man who protected her from the demons who came after her in full force, men and women claiming faith in Allah. They were devils and time revealed their evil. Allah be praised.
I tell my friend who has lost so many husbands and lovers that it is not her fault, do not feel guilty, the devil was going to kill them anyway, with his workers from Dr. Yacoub, the doctor, nurse and undertaker, just as they are doing Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment