One of the most memorable interviews from THE BLACK PANTHERS: VANGUARD OF THE REVOLUTION came from Wayne Pharr, a founding member of the LA chapter of the Black Panther Party. He passed away last year shortly after giving his truthful and powerful account of being a Black Panther.
Wayne's story will challenge viewers to rethink the romantic and demonized visions of the Panthers so many have held over the years. Help bring Wayne's authentic voice to audiences across the country.
Every dollar counts. Please make an online donation today!
- Tickets to the see actor Wendell Pierce (Selma, The Wire, Treme) in the acclaimed play, BROTHERS FROM THE BOTTOM when it premieres at the Lupin Hall in his hometown of New Orleans
- A signed DVD of the finished film
- Private link to watch the film online followed by an online Q&A with myself and former Black Panthers
- Black Panther t-shirts, tote bags and official posters from the film
- Tickets to theatrical premieres in Seattle, Baltimore and Maryland
- Rare, signed photo of Kathleen Cleaver from a 1978 rally in San Francisco
- And for the budding filmmakers out there, I will review your rough cut or screenplay and offer detailed advice and feedback. Think of it as a virtual mentorship!
Have you already donated? Thank you! Please share this newsletter with your family, friends and colleagues and encourage them to make a donation and own a piece of their history.
Remember, even though we've raised over $33,000 in 15 days, we will LOSE IT ALL if we do not reach $50,000 by May 5. Your donation of any amount moves us further from that possibility - and closer to our goal.
With deep gratitude,
Founder, Firelight Media and Firelight Films