Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Marvin X replies to his star student, Dr. Ayodele Nizinga

Marvin X poetic reply to Ayodele Nzinga Poem

For Linda Johnson, Dance Queen



 We think poets still dancing his poet heaven!




i am the drum beating inviting the dance
i am the drum beating calling the dancer
i am the drum beating
i am the drum
--Ayodele Nzinga

Marvin X Response 

I am the silent dancer
the cool cat by the wall
dancing in his head
til the last dance with his girl
he knows the ritual
last dance 
infinite possibilities
no last dance 
finite possibilities cool cat
I dance
beyond Smokey's Oh, Baby, Baby
later in life the drum calls me 
jungle life love myth-ritual
all is dance
god is dance
love dance
birth dance
death dance
harvest dance
rain dance
war dance
even now fourth quarter I dance
in my head dance
too lazy to move dance

some friends have never seen me dance
but dance in my head always
choreographers amy favorite people
especially interpreters of my poetry
Sun Ra dancers
Judith Wisteria 
Ellendar Barnes
Resurrection of Dead dancers
Charlene Jamilah Hunter
Nisa Ra
Thomas Beckett
Rashidah
Amina
Raymond Sawyer
Suzzette Celeste
dance
I swoon 
I am heaven dance
my poetry
arms sway
legs leap
torsos turn
heads twist
dance 
I am moved
in my stillness
moved.
you can't see me
cool cat by the wall
dancing in silent stillness.
--Marvin X
4/11/18

No comments:

Post a Comment