Friday, August 3, 2018

Marvin X has twenty tickets reserved for first twenty people at Respect Hip Hop Exhibit

SATURDAY, MARCH 24, 2018


Hello Marvin,

Great to hear from you again. I hope you've been able to get out to see the show. We are happy to accommodate your request for tickets.

We have 20 tickets reserved under "guests of Marvin X"  Please tell them to come to the main ticket booth to retrieve them. 

Also, please let them know that since this is the final week of the show we anticipate large crowds and there could possible a short wait to go into the exhibition on occasion. But, it should be too much of a wait. Enjoy! And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. 

Hope to see you here.

Warmest regards,
Rhonda 


Respect Hip Hop Exhibit and the Education of Jahmeel--Adam Turner Photo Essay



























\
Now, I want everybody to know Rashid interviewed me at the Respect Hip Hop Exhibit. I knew he was coming to interview me but I didn't know he was going to exhaust me with questions which he did, but since I've known him since he was a child, I endured his questions, I just wasn't prepared for an exhaustive interview, but what is the duty of the civilized man but to teach the uncivilized, and if he doesn't perform his duty he suffers a severe chastisement by Allah.Did that, done that. I let him exhaust me in his quest for truth. Ache! What better place than the Hip Hop Exhibit for elders to be questioned by their sons and daughters!--Marvin X


Rashid Jameel Patterson and Marvin X


"WHEN YOU LISTEN TO TUPAC SHAKUR, E-40, TOO SHORT, MASTER P OR ANY OTHER RAPPERS OUT OF THE BAY AREA OF CALI, THINK OF MARVIN X. HE LAID THE FOUNDATION AND GAVE US THE LANGUAGE TO EXPRESS BLACK MALE URBAN EXPERIENCES IN A LYRICAL WAY!"

--JAMES G. SPADY, PHILADELPHIA NEW OBSERVER NEWSPAPER



Jameel and Jahmeel

No comments:

Post a Comment