Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Poem for Nikki Giovanni

Oh I love
Beautiful black women
Intelligent
Spiritual
Sexual
Bold
Aggressive
Dirty south women especially
Big H women
Picked me up at my daughter's house
Told my daughter
"I'm taking your dad out
I'll bring him back in the morning!"
Ain't ask me shit
Bold
Take care of a nigga
Southern style
Like Carolyn
Winston Salem NC
I'm drunk
With August Wilson Amiri Baraka
Whispered in her ear
"Can I go home with you?"
"Come on!"
Stayed seven months
Wrote autobiography
Thanks Carolyn
Appreciate you
Cali girls no match
Love Call girls too
Gave me beautiful children
Never raised my voice never
Never whipped them
Mother's discipline
Despite no good father me
Abusive crazy poet
Lost in imagination
Traveling Space Ways
Sun Ra style
Beyond time
Love you
Beautiful black women
Hate you
For spoiling me rotten
Mother in law said
"Who dat nigga
Think he is
King Tut?"
Love you
Beautiful black women!
--MARVIN X


No comments:

Post a Comment