Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I AM A BLACK MAN! Dr. Nathan Hare

"I AM A BLACK MAN"
by Dr. Nathan Hare


Dr. Nathan Hare at Stanford University
The evidence of anthropology now suggests that I, the black man, am the original man, the first man to walk this vast, imponderable earth. I, the black man, am an African, the exotic quintessence of a universal blackness. I have lost by force my land, my language, in a sense my life -- I will seize it back, so help me. Toward that end, if necessary, I will crush the corners of the earth, and this world will surely tremble, until I, the black man, the first and original man, can arm in arm with my woman, erect among the peoples of the earth a new society, humane to its cultural core; out of which at long last will emerge, as night moves into day, the first truly human being the world has ever known. -- Nathan Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment