Friday, August 14, 2020

Marvin X interviews Dr. Cornel West 8/3/20


COMMENTS ON MARVIN X’S INTERVIEW WITH DR. CORNEL WEST

 

Marvin, 

 

Thank you for this wonderful conversation with two of my favorite people, two of my heroes. Two courageous people who know what's important and care about us: who care about the world: who have solutions for the world: consciousness, historical perspective and critical thinking.  

 

Dr. Fritz Pointer, Emeritus Professor, Contra Costa College

 

Dear Marvin X,

I just watched the brilliant conversation of you and Cornel West. Would you mind if I showed it to my students when the Fall semester starts by remote?

Dr. Dorothy Tsuruta, Professor of Black Studies, San Francisco State University


Hello Marvin, 

I did listen to the conversation and found it to be most informative and nuanced. I think when there are time restraints a great deal can be accomplished and it was. I have sent it to many colleagues who might be further illuminated by pivotal philosophical positions within the liberation struggle in its formative stages.

The California connection was important for me to hear hashed out and given clarity.

 

Best to you,

Foad Satterfield, Emeritus Professor of Art, Dominican College

 

Hey Marvin,

You and Cornel make a great team! I just thoroughly enjoyed listening to you guys! I sure hope our young brothers & sisters are hearing your message! I’m an old man now but hearing your message brings back many memories of my family of seven boys and three sisters sneaking out of Ozan Arkansas in the middle of night heading to Imperial, Calif. for a few years before reaching Fresno. Although we were very poor and worked in the fields until I graduated Edison High, our mom & dad taught us a lot about how to survive all the racism we encountered. Hey Marvin, I am very proud of you and appreciate all that you have contributed to all of us! Keep on keeping on young man! We definitely need  you and Cornel!        

Odell Johnson, Emeritus President, Laney College, Oakland CA

 

Marvin X,

Your interview with Dr. Cornel West brought tears to my eyes. You guys are too much, too too much! It was overwhelming to me. And he knows all about you and your family. It was great!

Elliott Savoy Bey,

Philadelphia PA

 

Peaceful Greetings, Brother Marvin:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video of your 08/03/2020 interview with

Dr. Cornel West. The content was very interesting and you looked "mellow & super-cool" in

your role as the interviewer. I hope that you get to do more interviews like this, with other people, in the future.

Sincerely,

Leona McElvene

Detroit, MI

p.s.  It was interesting that your grandmother had a copy of "Up from

Slavery - The Autobiography of Booker T. Washington" as the only book in her

house.


3 comments:

  1. I found the encounter magnetici drawn to it of my free will or not.it was historic-prolific, a revelation of the many revolutions in our times and before. You covered more than hundred years in 30 minutes,it became a great reference book, encyclopedic in scope.The grounds covered was profound, it was a pleasure to have two giants around who don't mess around when it comes to sound. Looking forward to part two, why not make it series and broadcast around the world. Hope we learned how important unity is and what disunity does to the struggle. Up You Mighty People - Wake up and smell reality!

    ReplyDelete