Saturday, August 25, 2012

Save KPOO RADIO NOW!

It has come to my attention that KPOO radio is in financial trouble. We must save KPOO radio at any cost. It is the independent voice of the people, the only voice we have.

I call upon religious or church leaders to help save KPOO. I call upon all Black Studies professors to make a contribution to keeping KPOO as an independent voice of the Black Community. All workers, especially Union workers must support KPOO. City of San Francisco workers must support KPOO.
Students must support. The founder of KPOO, Joe Rudolph, was a student at San Francisco State University. His was in the BSU and therefore the BSU must muster support for KPOO.

Joe was a dear friend and so I call upon you in his name for your support of KPOO. Your donation is tax deductible under IRS 501 (c) 3.


One of the last things Joe Rudolph said to me was, "Marvin, there ain't gonna be no more Negroes like us?" I replied, as I whispered to Joe while he leaned against a tree in Mosswood Park, "No, Joe we are the last of a generation." We are classic Negroes, of which there shall be no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment