Saturday, July 28, 2018

Poem for my Reluctant Lover


Poet Marvin X reading
University of Chicago, 2015

Poem for my Reluctant Lover

She said I could pick her out in a crowd
And so I did one day
thousands of people passed
just a coincidence I was looking
when she passed
it wasn't her face
her body
our energy connected that instant
Oh, the power of Divine
I called her name
she turned and came into my arms
said she would come my way tomorrow
maybe spend a moment or two
reluctant lover
black velvet goddess
high priestess of my soul
have we denied our Lord
What commandments of my Lord
shall I deny
Oh, Black Queen goddess
if you deny me on earth
I shall meet you in heaven
will you deny me in our Father's House?

Let love flow like water 
sacred springs
let rivers of love flow between two spirits
let steel sharpen steel
let honesty and truth come together
let intelligence, beauty wisdom unite
let us shake the universe with our love
if only for a moment
what is life but moments
a collection of moments
some moments are lighter than a feather
some moments are higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro.  
--Marvin X
7/28/18

Black Bird Press
339 Lester Ave. Suite 10
Oakland CA 94606
www.blackbirdpressnews.blogspot.com
mxjackmon@ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment