Sunday, February 17, 2019

Parable of the man who didn't want to leave prison



"Sir, your time is up and you must leave prison now, without delay!" "Please, the man cried, "I don't want to leave prison, my family is here, I have no family outside these walls. There is nothing for me outside. Even my friends who've passed on are over there in the prison cemetery."
"Sir, for the last time, pack your belongings and depart now. Your presence is not wanted. You cause disturbance even when in solitary confinement. Your words get out to the others in the general population so we want you to go now. What part don't you understand?"
"What if I bust you upside the head, would you return me to my cell?"
"No, sir, by no means. We want you outta here now. Let's go! Pack your shit, roll it up!"
"I'm not going nowhere!"
"Yes you are. Security, come git dis nigger outta here. I'm the warden but if dis nigger don't leave I'm leavin'."

So the man who didn't want to leave prison departed. He wanted to stay but the authorities demanded he depart. They told him they knew who he was and did not want him infecting the prison population with his radical ideas. Actually, the guards threw him out the prison gates, punching him in the ribs with their nightsticks, making him break down into tears, but once they had him outside the prison gates they slammed the gates shut in relief he was gone, no matter where.
--Marvin X
2/19/19




No comments:

Post a Comment