Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Of Fathers and Daughters


  Nisa and Muhammida, daughter of Nisa and Marvin X

Three daughters of Marvin X: Attorney Amira jackmon; Nefertitti Jackmon, Executive Director of Six Square, Black Cultural District Austin Texas; Muhammida El Muhajir, permanent resident of Accra Ghana.

Daughters of Marvin X, Nefertitti and Amira, with Dr Cornel West,  San Francisco State University, Kings and Queens of Black Consciousness Concert, 2001.

As per daughters, fathers blinded by patriarchal mythology can totally escape the genius of their daughters, although in truth none of our children can escape the DNA of parents, including ancestral hopes and dreams of freedom. Children will consciously or unconsciously carry out such dreams. Parents shall be amazed when they see children carry out ancestral and parental dreams, even when children claim such dreams as their own, yes, in their ignorance and arrogance, although, at some point they will exclaim, "Oh, I see why I'm doing the things I do: I got this from you! Am I cursed?"
Parents are surely amazed and perplexed to see their children grapple with parental and ancestral dreams. Yet, parents may feel good that they understand the conundrum of their children's lives. I'm totally amazed that my mother said, "Son, you don't need a wife, you need a maid, secretary and mistress!" Mom told me this before I was twenty years old, no matter I had one son at 18 and another by 20, and thought I should be married." Mom said no matter, you don't need to get married!
Although I have the most beautiful children any father could want, thank God for the beautiful mother's, at 75 years old, I must confess Mama was right. Even though my children suffered fatherly abandonedment and neglect in their early years, even in their adulthood, they need fatherly advice,guidance and inspiration. I am there for them and they come to me for such, directly or indirectly.

I'm happy to share my wisdom with them so they can finish the journey of our family and pass it on to the next generation.
Marvin X
8/20/19


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment