Thursday, October 10, 2019

Syria: Marvin X and John Woodford



On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:00 AM, John Woodford
wrote:
I agree with your conclusion. The presence of 25 - 150 US soldiers is alleged to be  a critical commitment by the oil-rabid Dems and Repugs to the extent that they agitate for escalation of violence which they excuse by wringing their hands about the need to avoid "abandoning an ally".

Trump is foul, but his reluctance to go into war adventurism--probably a reflection of the fact that he has earned his dough in the civilian vs. military section of our economy -- is the only redeeming feature he has shown. And it's an important one.

Fewer than 3% of the Kurdish people live in Syria. Anyone sincerely concerned about Kurdish survival would look elsewhere to demonstrate their support.

Syria is a sovereign state, and anyone sincerely interested in forestalling Turkish incursions in Syria would press for a firm international guarantee of the integrity of Syria's borders in consultation with the Syrian government.

Furthermore, when they talk of "abandoning allies,"  shouldn't the reactionary and the liberal US elements be confronted with the facts of what's happening right now with many million more of their "allies" in the Iraqi government they set up? 

Iraq is in crisis. And that is what the US left and right oil hawks, and their bunker state of Israel, relish to see as a result of their policies and actions not just in Iraq and Syria, but in Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan, Venezuela  and elsewhere. Dismemberment, chaos, economic crisis, destruction of infrastructure, and deaths to millions via starvation, disease and warfare--- that has been the "gift" of  imperialist  "support" to the Middle East and Central Asia.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 4:40 AM Marvin X Jackmon <jmarvinx@yahoo.com> wrote:
When I asked my eleven year old grandson to deconstruct the Syrian quagmire, he was overwhelmed after I identified the plethora of characters in this theater of war that is very personal to me and my grandson. FYI, my son won a Fulbright fellowship to the University of Damascus. He gave me intimate details of his education in Syria and his studies at the American University in Egypt. He graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a BA in Arabic and Middle Eastern Literature. Although I taught him and my other children Elementary Arabic, I never encouraged any of them to go to college and definitely not to study Arabic or Islamic literature. How ironic since I am considered the father of the genre  Muslim American literature, according to Dr.Mohja Kahf. I was recently interviewed by Duke University Professor Ellen Mcellaney for her chapter on me in her forthcoming book Blacks in American Muslim literature. She has invited me to read my poetry at Duke in January 2020.

But as per Syria, it is personal, not only because my son studied there before his transition to Paradise, but my association with Syrian poet/professor Dr. Mohja Kahf has endeared me to the Syrian struggle for liberation. I am horrified to see the destruction of this ancient land caught in global geopolitics.
As my grandson could not deconstruct the myriad characters in this Syrian drama, how many of you can? Who is not this in the Middle Eastern geopolitical quagmire? For sure the USA is there, Russia, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Issis, Hezbollah, Al Quida, et al.

As a black man who spoke fluent Arabic, my son told me the USA tried to recruit him on a daily basis, especially since he liked to swim at the American Embassy.
And the Syrian secret police interrogated him daily as well. Why was he swimming at the American Embassy? Why was he hanging around those filthy Palestinians?
My son noted the salvery conditions of the Africans in Syria, especially those whose passports were seized and thus were doomed to virtual slavery.

At the present moment, the American Left and Right are condemning President Trump for pulling out 25 US military personnel from the Kurdish stronghold. We applaud Trump for recognizing that after wasting 8 trillion dollars, the USA's effort has been an abysmal failure. Imagine, 8 trillion dollars lost in the desert sands of the Middle East and America cannot secure her borders from every filthy unclean bird! The global migrants at the US borders are the blowback of American imperialism and globalism. What goes around comes around. And yes, the chicken's come home to roost!
--MARVIN X
10/10/19

No comments:

Post a Comment