Saturday, January 4, 2020

If I had my choice


Fania and Angela Davis


If I had my choice
I wanna see huey in the Acorn projects
rusty and dusty
cracked out but solid in thinking
the last time I saw him
we smoked crack to no end
but it was beyond crack
generals talking revolution
youth in our presence
challenging us
be true to the game
game be true to you
were we true
lost in smoke and forgotten revolution
generals
with children
challenging us to be true
sucking watching our
contradictions
what revolutions
no contradictions
study the Russian
Mexican
French
American
contradictions
blow your mind
brother against brother
don't make me go to Stalin
Mao
murder of millions
America is clean
Natives no genocide
no buffalo slaughter
no small pox
no African Syphilis
guns no matter
diseases enough
European love
we love you back so much
we love your guns
disease
toxic religion
capitalism
slavery
so wonderful
we rejoice
praise be to Europeans
civility
christianity
modernity
praise b
you saved us from
primitivo
we needed you so much
why did you don tattoes
you christionized us
we died for your heaven
your glory
story
abject lies
fake news
alternative truth
lies
bullshit
propagada
who are you
the Pope's rapists
destroyer of little boys
no for sex love lust
for property in the Church
The Pope
family
don't say to me nothing
you destroyed my son
he molested his children
died of AIDS
what fun
sing to me songs of mercy grace
sing silent night sing
nothin nice
devil songs
durges
blues
sorrow songs
WEB
Souls of Black Folk
black reconstruction
nation?
garvey
elijah
malcolm
martin
fanny lou
angela
Where are you
down in dungeon
george jackson
lover man
revolution
soledad brother
san quentin
kill or be killed
revolution prison
take me freedom
make me free in big yard
why do I sing
Scream from yard to yard
I am crazy
take me
leave me alone
let me scream
I am crazy
leave me lone
I am robber
let me shock you
sock you
establish authority
in your bloody face
now you understand
I came to rob you
give me all you have
you took all of me
I have nothing for you
You kill me
I kill you
are you true?
don't matter
who are you
I take you out
who are you?''
--Marvin X
1/4/20


No comments:

Post a Comment