Saturday, June 13, 2020

It's lonely at the top, at the bottom too!

It's lonely at the top, lonely at the bottom too. They say (whomever they are) to have a friend one must be a friend. But what do you do when friends join the ancestors, or get old, sick and crazy? How can one be a friend to such persons who are out of their minds. They say things to you but don't remember what they said. They accuse you of things you would surely never do.
So one must walk alone, just to stay out of the stress zone. Nobody needs stress, nomatter what age.
The writer loves solitude, thus loneliness is not a consideration, but a given, except we know solitude is not necessarily loneliness. For the writer solitude is bliss. The writer cannot have the lover looking over his shoulder at what he is writing. The lover comes into the room and says coyly, "Do you mind if I masturbate while you write your poem?" It was a poem never finished. It disappeared into the ether of love. You know I told her there was no need of masturbating, or I showed her, just to be truthful. But the poem was lost. I've never seen it again. And does it matter, certainly not to the lover.
So I write best in solitude, where and when I can best express my imagination. I write alone, I walk alone. What do they tell you in jail and prison? Ride your own beef!
Don't worry about a nother nigga's beef. Stay in your own lane and drive. Your best friend may betray you, your lover, wife, brother, sister.
Who can be trusted? Often you cannot trust yourself! How many times has your mind played tricks on you? Walk alone with God ad your friend. If you fall, He will catch you time after time! Ache'!
--MARVIN X
6/13/20
18 Shares
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment