Saturday, July 24, 2021

Parable of Don't Help a Nigga

 Parable of Don't Help a Nigga



Can't help a nigga
nigga hate you helping him
in darkest hour
down deep in black hole
throw him rope pull up
back to life
nigga hate ya guts
police kill nigga friend's brother
friend say help me rally community
OK
put 5,000 people in Oakland Auditorium
Invited Farrakhan Angela Davis Eldridge Cleaver
Paul Cobb Dezzie Woods Jones 
Attorney John Burris launched his career with 15 year old Melvin Black murder by OPD, 1979
We demanded police review board
2021 no review board with teeth yet
Miller Lite board
Melvin Black family enjoyed million dollars from death of son by OPD
didn't give me chicken bone
Didn't say thank you Marvin X for doing what we asked you
two media campaigns
first PR demanded five million
NAACP lawyer Nathaniel Colley demanded two million
But he close friend of Mayor Lionel Wilson
First Oakland neo-colonial white mayor in black face
Attorney Colley changed venue to Sacramento
buried case 'til statue of limitations almost ran out
Family said Marvin X help us again
Please do another media campaign
OK
White lawyer saved case, won almost a million
Family said fuck you Marvin X
can you believe family hated me for helping them
at their request
jealous envious ungrateful ignut bastards
I didn't stress
Before they called for my help
I was doing all right
Teaching English at the University of Nevada, Reno
Teaching Creative and Technical Writing at
Nevada Community College
Received two planning grants from the
National Endowment of the Humanities
After helping ungrateful ignut nigga family
Allah blessed me with my own scrilla
Didn't need nothing from ungrateful ignut niggas
Praise be to Allah.
Mama told me begged me
leave them nigga alone
Boy, you don't need them niggas
Them niggas need you
leave 'em 'lone
They just usin' your mind
Boy, when will you use the mind God gave you
and leave them niggas alone?
Mama never did
She loved niggas too
Her real estate business served 99% niggas
Gave them spiritual counseling too
Sometime she had no choice
especially in bitter divorce when husband or wife
refused to sign escrow papers so she could get her commission
and feed her nine children and two grands who thought she they mama
Poor mama RIP, all eleven of us ungrateful bastards too
When mama came up from projects moved to 2 acres in black petit' bourgeoisie neighborhood
doctors lawyers judges next door
my young siblings road Bentley's to parties
Mama spoiled us in the country
She Fowler Ca country girl we didn't understand
Mama picked cotton cut grapes loved land
Couldn't get me out my maple wood studio writing and screwing girlfriends
Mama could hear their love screams in the night from her bedroom window
Marvin, please tell those girls not to scream so loud
And why do you come home from being with them starving to death
Mama we just didn't eat 
too busy making love
Boy will you please got turn on the water to irrigate the grapevines, orange lemon trees please
More water the better oranges will be
Tommy, go get eggs out chicken coup
Tommy say no, ain't walkin' in that chicken shit
Mama, let me go get eggs from Safeway!
Mama tried til she died
she tried I swear mama tried
to give us the game of life but she spoiled us rotten 
like the cotton our children's hands have never touched
central valley cotton more abundant than mississippi cotton
No matter her ungrateful bastard children 
and grandchildren who thought our mama they mama and we they siblings
When mama died the grandchildren told me they hated my mama
the only mama they knew
Can you believe the nerve an ungrateful nigga
How can you hate the only mama you ever knew
mama forced to play mama and daddy
and you hate her
Should bust you in yo mouth
ungrateful bastard bitch
how did the love of God escape your heart
How can you hate the woman who gave you all her love
agape unconditional
are you human or beast
at least my niece slept in mama's bed
she has different energy than my sister's
her sister/nieces 
thank God my niece absorbed my mother's spirituality
On FB recently
she spouted wisdom sounding like my mother
I asked her who she be
channelling my mama tenderly.
Mama love for niggas was agape
She knew they were perfect in God's Love
She never gave up on her children or community
And never will I
I got children strange as can be
Of course I wonder did they get such strangeness from me?
We know the apple don't fall far from the tree!
How can I hate my children and they just like me
How can I hate community
Cause they blind like me
What did God say
Find me the righteous man perfect man
I will save the whole town
Didn't God destroy the town.
Find me the man who won't take a bribe
Find me the man who won't steal
Who won't take another man's wife
Find me the woman who loves a man because he's a man
not because of what he possesses in material things

Well, I'm going to restaurant supply store
buy long handle spoon
deal with niggas from social distance
wear mask too
don't want that nigga virus 
worse than Covid19
Alas, that nigga virus
ain't no vaccine!
--Marvin X
7/23/21
Revised 7/24/21 


No comments:

Post a Comment