Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Breaking News: Dr. Nathan Hare hospitalized

Breaking News

Dr. Nathan Hare hospitalized due to a possible stroke. He is fine and should be released tomorrow.


Sunset at Ocean Beach, San Francisco
photo Adam Turner

I am Queen Julia



Queen Julia Speaks

In the name of Oshun  Yemanja
goddesses of oceans seas rivers steams
love me in my eternity
spirit essence
indomitable
unsurpassed  
unequal
with all my breath
I spoke truth to power
beyond fortune fame
I did not come in the name of gold
my name is worth more than gold
I came in the name of beauty and truth
study my words
study my life as queen wife
nathan hare
 my king for life
Sisters
I swam out to me my king
I didn't wait for my ship to come in
my message to sisters
love yourself
only then
you can love your mate
love is all 
nothing else
no money
no shoes
dresses
wigs
love is all 
no need new lovers
same lover
different name
don't focus on problem
find solution
new relation
same problem
you
woman/man in mirror
look
love you
then somebody else
must be  friend
to have  friend
must be lover
to be loved
enjoy good times
when bad times come
roll with punches
don't  flee
another lover
same problems
different name.
--Marvin X
4/11/19



Dr. Nathan Hare enjoyed his 86th birthday at San Francisco's Cliff House on Ocean Beach. We selected the Cliff House because he and Julia (RIP) lived in the area during the 1968 BSU/Third World Strike at San Francisco State University to establish Black and Ethnic Studies. When I drove him to Ocean Beach shortly after the demise of his wife of 62 years, he suddenly came alive with memories of eating at the Cliff House, jogging on the beach and sipping wine by the fireplace at their apartment. I invited Julia's close friend, Amelia Ashley-Ward, Publisher of the San Francisco Sun Reporter. Although Amelia said she was on her way to SF City Hall to observe a meeting on the closing of Juvenile Hall, she agreed to meet us at 7PM.



Dr. Nathan Hare, Marvin X, Amelia Ashley-Ward, Publisher of the San Francisco Sun Reporter Newspaper at San Francisco's Cliff House Restaurant for Dr. Hare's 86 b day
photo Adam Turner

We wanted a seat by the window but had to wait, so we went out on the balcony for photographer Adam Turner to depict Dr. Hare looking at the ocean. It was too cold and windy for Amelia, so she went inside during the photo shoot.


l

let light of truth shine
Julia Oshun
Julia Yemanja
Julia Isis searching earth for king's manhood Osiris Nathan Hare
crucified on cross of blackness consciousness community
black studies
black studies community model
no academia tenured negro finality
black studies
community
Julia
Harriet Tubman womanhoood
Sojourner Truth womanhood
Ida B. Wells womanhood
Amy Marcus Garvey womanhood
Clara Muhammad womanhood
Dr. Betty Shabazz womanhood
Queen Mother Moore Reparations womanhood
Sharazad Ali
Pam Africa
Angela Davis
Dessie X
Edith Austin
Kathleen Cleaver
Erika Huggins
Fania Davis
Angela Blackwell
Latifa Simon
Amelia Ashley
London Breed
Kamala Harris
Mechelle Obama
Mae Mallory
Fannie Lou Hamer "Tired of sick and tired, tired of being sick and tired!"

Jesus Julia
Woman, where  husband?
Woman at well said,
"Savior, I have  none!"
What Jesus  tell whore,
"Hoe' go
sin no mo'!"
Wait. What JC say,
"He/she without sin
cast first stone!"

Julia told pimp/hustler/dope dealer authors, Fillmore Slim, Mickey Moore, Gansta Brown, Jimmy Star, et al, "Don't feel guilty about your pimping/hustling life. We got ecclesiastical pimps every Sunday morning."

--Marvin X
4/11/19


Beyond horizon
beyond eternity
beyond oceans seas rivers
I see my lover Julia
calling me to join her
how can I be without her
what is life without my lover
I must join her
see her soon
how can she leave me here alone
this wretched earth
without my love supreme
thank you marvin x
returning me to Cliff House
julia and I dined  many times
in those days the Fat Lady laughed at Ocean Beach
we loved her laugh
as back then
tonight
Ocean Beach is cold
Julia and I loved our apartment fire place
used to light fire
drink wine
as the fire burned
look into each other's eyes
look of love
Oh, those days of love at Ocean Beach
thank you Marvin X
for tonight
thank you Amelia for coming too
thank you Adam for recording this moment
in eternity.
--Marvin X
4/11/19
e


Cling to elders
stand on shoulders
devour elder wisdom
stupid shit
throw in dustbin of history
absorb what you can
you 21
elder 75,85, 95
what do you know
why reinvent wheel
break dance hip hop joy
hip hop freedom break dance
rap for freedom
fuck pussy and dick rap
rap liberation
Palestine style
Iraq Afghanistan
Syria Libya
no pants sagging
war
how you sag in war zone
usa war zone
mama cry every time you leave house
will black son come home
mama cry


por favor
spit
conscious rap
no P and D
pussy dick rap
Sun Ra say
Marvin X say
spit P and D
if you know
mythology pussy and dick
myth/ritual of Pussy and dick
you don't own the pussy
you don't own dick
chattel slavery over
chattel real, i.e., personal property
real estate: all other forms of ownership
you chattel real 400 years
now you married in chattel real?
Woman said, "I know I'm just a slave/ho in disguise of a wife!"
thank you Julia and Nathan, 62 years of marriage. These days we can't endure 62 minutes!Yes, I speak for myself."



Over dinner, we discussed many things, e.g., how Dr. Julia Hare mentored and advised Amelia, especially while raising her man child in the promised land as a single parent. Dr. Hare recalled those phone calls. Dr. Hare reminded Amelia that when Julia was asked a difficult question, she would turn to him for the answer as Amelia waited on the phone. Dr. Hare said he deeply appreciated Amelia and I for giving Julia memorial services in San Francisco and Oakland. 

Dr. Hare, Amelia and Marvin deciding what to eat.
photo Adam Turner

Dr. Hare ordered crab cakes, Amelia, Adam and I ordered New York steak. The men enjoyed a bottle of Merlot, Amelia drank ice tea. Amelia showed us the many pics of  herself with VIPs, including Senator Kamala Harris, Mayor London Breed, Barack and Mechelle Obama, Dick Gregory, et al. Dr. Hare said, "People want to know what I am going to do in my apartment by myself. Do you think I am scare of ghosts? I'm a scientist, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in God, you must prove to me God exists!"

We were all full after the meal and didn't want dessert but the Cliff House gave Dr. Hare something special for his birthday. 



Dr. Nathan Hare, 86
photo Adam Turner


"Hapi b day, Dr. Nathan Hare. We love you madly!"
--Marvin X
photo Adam Turner


A drink of Melot for Julia at the Cliff House

This sip of  Melot is for you
my darling dear
Julia
let you enjoy this sip of your love
sweet wine of your love
62 years of  love
Julia
you are my essence
my reason to smile
my reason of  joy
yes
you came of  age with me
transcended the
black bourgeoisie world of make believe
conspicuous consumption
Frazier talked about
Black Bourgeoisie
no bourgeoisie you
after my revolutionary lessons
you listened learned
no more world of make believe
black nationalism world
black love lives world
Amina Baraka says
my husband educated me
Julia same
my husband made me a revolutionary!
I thank him
Nathan
darling dear
thank you
thank you
thank you
--marvin x

No comments:

Post a Comment