Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Transition of Marvin X's three first cousins in three weeks


Faye and Sandra Murrill

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Stan Murrill II


WTF, I am in total shock and disbelief that three of my first cousins have joined the ancestors within the last three weeks, also my "adopted" aunt, Dr. Julia Hare. My cousins, Stan, Faye and Sandra Murrill, were children of my mother's brother, Stanley, who raised them as a single father. The remaining siblings are Patsy, Connie and Cathy, all of whom except Connie resided in Sacramento. Their father was my mother's baby brother and my surrogate father after my parents separated. My maternal family suffered high blood pressure and the resultant strokes. Faye and Sandra were on dialysis and transitioned yesterday and today. When my sister Judy called to inform me Faye passed, I thought she was joking since we have yet buried cousin Stan, my most radical cousin who combined revolution and the hustling life. Faye and Sandra lived quiet lives, even more reclusive than I am, though this is a family trait, introverts. Faye's son, Byron, works hard as the manager of a DMV in Oakland. All of my cousins support the family radical, especially when I make appearances in Sacramento. Stan and I last kicked it together when I was a featured author at the Sacramento Black Book Fair. Stan never hesitated to tell all he knew that I was his cousin and he spread my books throughout the hood. When I stayed with him at his apartment, he rushed me to his neighbor's house, Fillmore Slim, legendary musician and master of the game.

Stan, also known as Butterball in the hood (especially in Sac's Oak Park neighborhood) was the inspiration of his five sisters, which makes me think they enjoyed an unconscious pack to depart together since they most certainly did. If I am correct, Stan, Sandra and Faye were the eldest of the six children. I thank them for the loving times we shared and know, yes, they are in a better place since I have no knowledge of their doing wrong to anyone. Surely we are from Allah and to Him we return. As the eldest of all my cousins, I say please pray for the Murrill/Jackmon family in our hour of grief. Thank you.
--Marvin X
3/21/19

Message from Byron Murrill

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the triple memorial service for my uncle Stan Murrill, aunt Sandra Murrill, and my mom Faye Murrill. The siblings passed within 3 weeks of one another from separate illnesses. Memorial to be held at VFW Post 67 at 2784 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817 on Monday April 8, 2019 at 1 pm. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Marvin X Jackmon, people standing

Byron and Marvin X at the 80th birthday celebration of Dr. Nathan Hare, Geoffrey's Inner Circle, Oakland.
photo Aries Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment