Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Comment on Cat Brooks interview with Marvin X

Comment on Cat Brooks' interview with Marvin X


My introduction to you. Unfortunately, I had to shush my gf (which I hate doing) as you were reading your poem. Wow, where have I been to never have heard of you?

Amazing shit man. Actually, I would never actually say “Amazing shit man,” but I’ve gotten into the spirit of things.

What struck me was how far in advance our dispossession is being planned - FIFTY FUCKIN’ YEARS OUT (I would say that).

I know about this; I grew up for the first six years of my life of my life at 1415 Castro Street. I can remember the doors and the stoop and the stairs and the rugs and the tar on the roof - o’ I went to SFSU too about ten years later (I’m listening to you as I write).

I would like to donate some $$$ to help you republish - ALSO, does Oakland actually NEED that connector that destroyed my childhood home and basically is a suburban people mover from the East Bay (and beyond) to San Francisco? MAYBEEE it should be EMBARCADEROED - torn down piece by piece and replaced with a great deal of AFFORDABLE (Car free?) housing on each side if a green way with walking AND bicycle paths, water features, flower beds and community gardens, aka -

My Great Dream! :)

I was born at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital and I used to work at Children’s Fairyland and set up the bandstand at the lake for the (Sunday?) concerts.

Blah, blah, blah... Thank you so much for your purity of voice, penetrating vision and and mastery if cadence/rhythm.

Okay, I have a dumpster here and an old tractor to put together. I love you, man -truly!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you,

maximo hudson

[Being an economic Bay Area refugee in Erie, Co. PA by way of Seattle and Minneapolis.]


Thanks for your kind words. Any donation can be sent to my GoFundMe account or Eventbrite has Early Bird tickets for Dr Cornel West and Marvin X in Conversation at St Paul's Church Berkeley CA December 7 at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment