Friday, January 22, 2021

Parable of the blind man


 
Parable of the blind man


Blind man rather be dead than blind

Say he cursed Special Forces Vet

Crawling around jungle

Killing Viet Kong 

usa running dog

said anybody who goes into military and kills 

comes home crazy.

Don't care about money in bank

Just want to die

Was biochemist

Made healing herb potions

Now gotta heal thyself

Community Angel

Used to sit at my table

Academy of Da Corner

Downtown Oakland

Pay for books if woman know she Queen of universe

She had to know who she was

Didn't pay for man books

He wasn't blind then

He was grumpy bitter

Grew up in Brooklyn

Didn't know blackness

Til he met Hurriyah and Marvin X

We love blind man

He lost love of self

Want to kill self

They took him to hospital

Rest home

Let apartment go

Archives books tapes computer

Trashed

Say he on another level now

Don't need that shit

I tell him come sit with me

Academy of Da Corner Lakeshore

He sits

Talks with young man with detail car service

Blind man ask if he knew my poem

Black History is world history

He say no

Blind man jam me

Why he don't have your poem

Out of print

You better get him your poem

I say Google it

He Google my reading

Blind man happy

Ethiopian come by

Blind man ask why

Ethiopian kill Ethiopian

Tribes

Ethiopian say they ignut

Gotta come up from ignut

White Native American come by

Blind man say you white man

White Man say his mama black native American

Grew up on reservation

Cardboard shoes

With his mama had to sit

Back of bus

Drink at Black water fountain

By himself he drink at White fountain

Confused child

Blind man stopped hating

White Native American

I take him home

His care provider help him from car

He tells her

I hate to say it but

I enjoyed myself today.

Ache'

Can't make the blind man see

Can make him live!

--MARVIN X

1/22/21




No comments:

Post a Comment