Monday, January 25, 2021

Toward the final final final draft of The Wild Crazy Ride of the Marvin X Experience Part Three of a 20 part series on the life and work of Artistic Freedom Fighter Marvin X


I want to thank Ancestor Amiri Baraka for 47 years of friendship and comrade as artistic freedom fighters in the Black Arts and Black Liberation Movement. I want to thank all those who accompanied me in my concert at the Berkeley Black Repertory Group Theatre: Percussionists Master Tacuma King and his associate Kele Nitoto, Master Violinist Tarika Lewis, also the first female member of the Black Panther Party, Harpist of the Hood Destiny Muhammad and her sound engineer husband Christwell Muhammad; my favorite choreographer/dancer Rayzetta Raynetta, and Suzzette Celeste who shares her words in inspiration. And most of all, I thank Dr. Mona Scott and Sean Scott of the Black Repertory Group Theatre. Let me acknowledge the musicians who accompanied me reading Amiri Baraka's poem Dope at the Malcolm X Jazz/Arts Festival produced by Eastside Arts, Oakland. I give all praise to my Editor Ken Johnson who has videoed and edited my work over the last 40 years. Thank you, thank you Ken Johnson. Everybody knows I am not easy to work with but they also know when we begin a project we will not stop until we go from process to product. 

If you would like to donate to this video/audio documentary, please go to my GoFundMe account:
gf.me/u/zdpc8c

No comments:

Post a Comment