Saturday, October 27, 2012

Human Earthquake smashed New York and Newark this week


Forget about Sandy, the east coast was smashed by the "human earthquake" Marvin X earlier this week. The Brecht Forum in Manhattan was hit hard by the "human earthquake" when the poet forced a quietly seated audience into mass laughter with his reading of Parable of the Cell Phone, from his latest book The Wisdom of Plato Negro, parables and fables. The audience went into convulsions during the reading in honor of poets Pablo Neruda and Louis Reyes Rivera. 

Brecht Forum officials called Marvin X a hero within earshot of Bay Area poet Raymond Nat Turner and his wife. Marvin said to them, "See how people treat me on the east coast, not like you west coast haters!"

When the "human earthquake" hit Newark, New Jersey on Friday night at the Blue Mirror, Dr. M again read Parable of the Cell Phone and a poem What is Love. The Newark audience went crazy with laughter. Regarding his poem What is Love, a  waitress whispered to Marvin, "I had that conversation last night."

On the subject of Bay Area haters, they were at the Blue Mirror. Baraka had repeated Marvin's description of his artistic and activist colleagues to Oakland's Eastside Arts directors Elena Serrano and Greg Morozumi. Elena told Marvin not to be so harsh, for we recognize you as our only cultural critic, there is no one like you, despite your craziness!

Next week the "human earthquake" will hit Washington DC and Philadelphia. He will appear at the Black Power to Hip Hop Conference at Howard University, Sankofa Books and Umoja House in DC. In Philly he will read at Moonstone Art Center and Black and Nobel Books. Stay tuned! 


NWU-UAW Logo


Marvin X will be reading/performing in Philadelphia at Moonstone Art Center,
110 south 13th st., Friday, Nov. 9, 7 pm, and again Friday, Nov. 16 at
Black & Novel BOoks, 1411 W. erie ave, 3 pm. . Please spread the word
and try to attend. 

He read at an NWU/Brecht forum event this week and was fabulous. Amazing. Great guy. I think he will be joining the union
soon.

Thanks, Tim






Parable of Woman on the Cell Phone by Marvin X

Yeah, these nigguhs is here at my funeral. Yeah, that bitch is here. Now you know I don't like that bitch. I should get out this casket and beat her motherfuckin ass. How dare she come to my funeral after I caught her and my man fucking. They can fuck forever now cause I'm outta here.Yeah, I'm gone baby girl. But did you hear that other bitch sing that song I don't like? Yeah, how dat hoe gon sing a song I don't even like at my funeral. I should get out this casket and whip her ass too.

These nigguhs is too much for me. I'm so glad I'm outta here. And my man sittin there cryin crocodile tears. You know he gon be at one of his other bitches house tonight. She gon be feelin all sorry for him. I should send my spirit over her house and bust up they shit. Know what I mean. I should just command my spirit over her place and fuck it up.

Now bout this heaven shit, Girl. We go see when I get there. Better be some fine nigguhs up in heaven or I'm goin down to hell. I am not gonna be where no mud duck lookin nigguhs is. And I gotta be there for eternity. Hell to the naw. Cause I know I'm cute. Did you see what I had on at my wake last night. Yeah, was I cute, girlfriend? I told dem funeral people don't be makin me look like no damn ghost wit all dat gray ass makeup. Have me lookin cute leavin here.

Well, girl they bout to close the casket. I'm so sorry you couldn't make it but everybody got up and said they little piece. They didn't stop nobody from saying what they thought about me, but you know it was all lies. Nigguhs oughta stop lyin like that. Half them nigguhs hated my guts.You shoulda seen that hoe came dressed like mother Hubbard, crying all over my casket, bout to knock me ova. I started to raise up and slap dat bitch, but I kept my cool. I just kept lookin up at the ceiling.

Girl you take care. I hope they got some damn cigaretts in heaven, and they better have some Hennessey, I swear, or I'm going straight to hell.Let me get off dis phone. Later, girl.

from The Wisdom of Plato Negro, parables/fables, Marvin X, Black Bird Press, Berkeley, 2012, $19.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment