Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nigguh family mess: Dr. King's children fight over his archives

You can't bury the N word when you still acting like nigguhs!--Dr. Cornel West

Dr. Bernice King’s Bombshell Charge: Brothers Want to Sell MLK’s Nobel Peace Prize

berniceking





Luther King Jr.’s sons now calling on their sister, Dr. Bernice King to hand over her father’s Nobel Peace Prize, as well as other prized possessions. In an open letter, Dr. Bernice King responded to her brother’s legal demand.
In the letter, Dr. Bernice King writes, “my brothers, Dexter Scott King andMartin Luther King, III, notified me that they want to sell to a private buyer our father’s most prized possessions, his Nobel Peace Prize Medal and his personal Bible which was used by President Barak Obama as he was sworn in for his second term in office and subsequently signed by him.”
Dr. Bernice King expressed her belief that her father’s belongings are too important to history to be sold to the highest bidder.
“I am absolutely opposed to the selling of these extremely sacred items and I expressed my opposition to my brothers,” she writes.
She then goes on to allege that her refusal to turn over these items is what led to the legal battle between she and her brothers.
“After I refused to immediately transfer these items to another location at their request, consequently on January 31 my brothers through The Estate of Martin L. King, Jr., Inc filed a lawsuit {Civil Action No. 2014cv241929} to force me to turn these items over for the express purpose of selling them. In my opinion, there is no justification for selling either of these sacred items.”
Dr. Bernice King admits that this public spectacle is “embarrassing,” adding that their father “must be turning over in his grave.”
The Georgia based minister also points to scripture to highlight why the “thought of profiting from the sale of the Peace Prize Medal is …..outright morally reprehensible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment