Saturday, June 12, 2021

Parable of kibbles and bits in the dope game and beyond


Marvin X and Danny Glover, both attended San Francisco State University and are co-founders of

the Black Arts Movement.

photo Ken Johnson



Back in the Crack house days, the worse motherfucka was the crack head who served crumbs or kibbles and bits.Thus the term "serve me somethin' proper" and "show me some love" came in vogue. No one wanted to encounter a dealer on the street or in the crack house who didn't serve somethin' proper or serve with love. But if truth be told, discerning crack heads concluded the sisters served somethin' proper or with love. So on the street, brothers, including myself, sought out the sisters because they gave up love. We not only sought out the sisters, especially the big, yes, fat sisters with the package, who served a brother with love. Now, for sure, the brothers were well known for their sexual discrimination with their "bitch packages" for females with sexual possibilities the men didn't possess unless they were gay. The "bitch package" was known to be at least double the size of the "male" package. The "bitch package" was so well known, I told a friend who went to cope for me to tell the dope dealer to give him the "bitch package" because he had bitches in the car. 


But, on the most serious level, I had to literally train my dope dealers who served me. After Eldridge Cleaver demanded I only accept first class service when I worked for him dealing with white folks, I demanded first class service from black people, including dope dealers who often serve blacks pure garbage or dope cut so many times it is nothing but cut. After demanding dope dealers come to me with something proper, they realized I was serious so they told me the dope they were selling me they didn't sell to blacks, only whites, but since I demanded the best, they sold me the best and reserved the garbage for negroes with no problem accepting second class citizenship.


No comments:

Post a Comment