Saturday, March 2, 2013

When I think about the women in my life, a poem every brother must write!


When I Think About the Women In My Life, a poem every brother must write!



When I think about the women in my life

I can say there have been no women in my life

They have all been angels

who blessed me with love

Flowing from the river of life freely

no measure to their love

no equal

I cannot compare

How can one compare the angelic?

This angel did that or that angel did this

I won't compare

mothers of my children

the gifts they gave me

precious and sweet

I would never compare

thank you mothers for the fruit of your womb

I have seen the fruit of your womb flower and be great in the land

I am humbled

And  other angels who shared so many years

revolutionary sisters who battled with me and gave me guidance

When I was in the dark

Who talked of building cities while I wrote poems

I extend my love to you

my eternal love for your vision and dreams

even I could't see

You were the nationalist

I was the poet you showed the way

I followed kicking and screaming

sex workers who showed me love in the night

I salute you

you told me I was too rough to be a pimp

I could never be a pimp

you said I was simply too rough

Learn to be more gentle you said

And I tried and thank you for serving me in the night!

Patricia, mother of my sons

Nisa, mother of  my daughter Muhammida

Hasana, mother of  Amira and Nefertiti

I salute you forever and ever

Marsha suffered with me on crack

died before I recovered. I love you Marsha, you unconditional love!

you see me now in Cherokee

where you said I needed to be

In a place proper for a classic black man

I love your Marsha

think of you always

knowing there is only one place

angels dwell but in heaven

No sweeter angel ever came on God̢۪s earth

brown eyes  Berkeley Girl

Smart and hot as fire and willing to give beyond all

For Pamela in the Valley

like Khadijah

financed my come up

worries more than I want to know

Relax my sister

very few things in life of importance

Rumi told you

it don't matter

If you come to the garden

If you don't come to the garden

It don't matter

For God is

God is all 

all is God

Nothing else matters.

There is no fear in love

there is only love In love

If there is something else in love it is not love but fear

I do not go into the room where fear lives

If you come from the room of fear you will find love everlasting

Come from fear and see the sun of love

What you love belongs to you and you alone

No one can take love from you

what God has granted

Hurriyah is my

warrior woman from my youth

shared my revolutionary days

my dreams my fears

A million years cannot tare me from your love

You can be with a million men but I am still yours

is somebody better get a healing

Up in here.

And Celeste

Yes, another angel Berkeley

Watch out for those Berkeley girls

Hot and smart like no other

So now you know me

Better act like you know me

Cause this is it girlfriend

I'm willing if you willing

If you willing to come to garden

I'm willing

but it don't matter

Let the people say Ache. Amen. As-Salaam-Alaikum.


Marvin X

8-5-05

No comments:

Post a Comment