Thursday, August 1, 2013

From the archives: Marvin X--Man Without a Country

Man Without a Country
From Marvin X Court Speech, September 9, 1970

The United States of America has no right to try me as I am not a citizen of the United States, having renounced my so-called citizenship December 7, 1967, before the US Consulate in Toronto, Canada, because the USA has, by action and inaction, deprived me and my brothers and sisters, the 30 to 60 million so-called Negroes, better known as Asiatic Black People, of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I say I renounced my so-called citizenship, for just as wood may remain in the water for ten years, but never become a crocodile, even though I was born in these hells of North America, it was never my desire to be a U.S. citizen. My U.S. citizenship was forced upon me and my people by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. constitution which made us U.S. citizens in name only, the right of self-determination was not given to us, consequently, we have enjoyed the status of free slaves ever since--the world knows we have never been treated as first class citizens.

Now the U.S.A. has the arrogance to find me guilty of refusing induction into the racist, fascist army of America-to fight in most savage war in history, as U.N. Secretary-General U Thant has described it.

Not only is it against my nature and religion to fight someone who has not attacked me, but even asking me to serve, with prison as the consequence of not serving, is a violation of the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution which supposedly abolished slavery and involuntary servitude except under imprisonment.

I also maintain that the U.S. Government has no right or authority to try me since I was kidnapped in a conspiracy between the U.S.A. and the British Colony of Honduras and brought within the jurisdiction of the U.S. courts, against my will and in violation of international law.

Finally, since I am not a U.S. citizen, in fact, never was a U.S. citizen, and have no desire to be a U.S. citizen, I demand that the U.S.A. deport me at the earliest possible date to the country of my choice, either to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, S.A., the Republic of the Sudan, the United Arab Republic of Egypt, the Democratic Republic of North Vietnam, the People's Republic of North Korea, the People's Republic of China or the Republic of Cuba.

I further demand the immediate release of all political prisoners held in the numerous jails and prisons of America.

All Black prisoners are political prisoners--Blackness is the most profound political reality in America!

Peace through prolonged struggle!

Marvin X. (Jackmon)
San Francisco County Jail
September 9, 1970




No comments:

Post a Comment