Saturday, November 1, 2014

New Poem by Marvin X: Rain in the Valley


Rain has come to the Central Valley
Oh, rain
where have you been
my lover
I drink your kisses
let me hold you
so precious



We thought you departed forever
was I a terrible lover
did I abuse you
was my language harsh
did I not give you a morning kiss
let me hold you
caress you tenderly
you are so sweet to me
I will never let you go
now that you are home again
please
don't stop loving me
I need you so much
don't let me crawl like a thirsty dog
let my raisins grow my almonds peaches
oh, rain
you are the bright sun in the shade
all my praise is for you
let me dance the holy dance for you
let me wallow in the mud


Central Valley boy in the rain 
photo essay by Marvin X,
Black Bird Productions
11/1/14





Central Valley boy in the rain 
photos  Marvin X, Black Bird Productions
11/1/14


I am a child again
if only for a moment.
--Marvin X
11/1/14

No comments:

Post a Comment