Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Black Bird Press News & Review: Black History is World History by Marvin X, the USA's Rumi, Plato, Saadi, Hafiz

Black Bird Press News & Review: Black History is World History by Marvin X, the USA's Rumi, Plato, Saadi, Hafiz:




Black History Is World History



By

Marvin X






Before the Earth was

I was

Before time was

I was

you found me not long ago

and called me Lucy

I was four million years old

I had my tools beside me

I am the first man

call me Adam

I walked the Nile from Congo to Delta

a 4,000 mile jog

BLACK HISTORY IS WORLD HISTORY

I lived in the land of Canaan

before Abraham, before Hebrew was born

I am Canaan, son of Ham

I laugh at Arabs and Jews

fighting over my land

I lived in Saba, Southern Arabia

I played in the Red Sea

dwelled on the Persian Gulf

I left my mark from Babylon to Timbuktu

When Babylon acted a fool, that was me

I was the fool

When Babylon fell, that was me

I fell

BLACK HISTORY IS WORLD HISTORY....
 
to continue reading, go to link above

No comments:

Post a Comment