Monday, December 22, 2014

Deadline to submit material for Black Arts Movement edition of Journal of Pan African Studies



























 
Hello everyone,
 
If you are interested in having your work in a special Black Arts Movement edition of the Journal of PAN African Studies, please send your article, poem, photos to me by January 3, 2015.  I apologize for taking so long to get this special edition out.  Dr. Itibari Zulu said that all work must be new scholarship, and never been printed articles, poems, etc.  
 
Some of you have already sent me your articles, which I will send back to you with possible edits by January 10.  
 
I'm currently working on a New Orleans Black Arts Movement Conference, which will take place at Dillard University, September 11-13.  I'm hopeful that some of the participants will also include articles in our special edition of JPAS.  The New Orleans Conference will emphasize scholarship on Black Arts Movement Southern authors, the Free Southern Theatre, music, and food.  We will have an article about the conference in the special edition of JPAS.
 
If you have any questions or need more time with regards to your work, please feel free to contact me at kmcmillon@ucmerced.edu.  
 
Thank you.
 
Peace,
Kim McMillon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment