Monday, May 25, 2015

Sun Ra and Marvin X's Mythology of Pussy and Dick




Sun Ra taught me there are two kinds of music, spiritual music devoted to the Creator of the Universe and P and D Music, i.e., pussy and dick music. Alas, my pamphlet Mythology of Pussy and Dick is reaching young and old people with a healing message. Of my 30 books, this 18 page pamphlet has caught the attention of the world.






Marvin X at Chicago recording session

Nobody wants nobody free

Nobody wants nobody free
we love slaves
we are love slaves
I love you madly
I will kill faya
Kill you faya
I love you madly
you are mine
I am yours
we own each other
your pussy is mine
my dick is yours
this is called marriage
also chattel slavery
personal property slavery
not real estate
no W.E.B. DuBois
personal property
chattel real
ownership is the question and the answer
you do not need to own me
I do not need to own you
I am yours willingly
You are mine Willingly
Alas, I am your love slave
like those artists with Sun Ra
they agreed to be in the Sun Ra jail!
Even I agreed. I am his disciple even now
trying to understand the full glory of his mythology
I have begun the First Poet's Church of the Latter Day Egyptian Rivisionists
Sun Ra taught me this
yes
Latter Day Egyptian Rivisionists
the contradiction is this
artists impose their  creative mythology on lowly humans
who say Wake Up to What?
who say
in an August Wilson play, "I don't have all the answers. I don't even know the questions, sometimes."
Even Sun Ra who denied freedom in the quest for discipline
the most free spirit we know is who? Sun Ra! Ra Ra RA RA!
Artists need to know our thoughts are beyond the beyond
sometimes not for the common people the workers students unemployed uneducated
artists are dreamers of the worst kind
we sit imagining possibilities and impossibilities
Baraka said we artists live a privileged life
so I say be careful about imposing the creative mythology and ritual on the common people.
Be careful as you deliver beauty and truth.
And yet would the people know how beautiful they are except for images of artists
poets
dancers
musicians
painters
architects
To transcend Sun Ra, I say let us be free with discipline
not free to be free
as in a capitalism freedom
free trade
wage slavery
stolen land minerals
for what
minerals for cell phones so we can say Where you at? Where you at? Where you at?
Don't own me
I will not own you
we are together because I can laugh with you
we dialogue in poetry
so beautiful
I can read your mind
you read mine
no lies up in here
be with me because we are we
it is what it is
they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment