Thursday, July 10, 2014

Human Earthquake will hit Seattle on Saturday, July 12, 3pm, Life Enrichment Bookstore, 5023 Rainer Ave. S





Marvin X, aka,The Human Earthquake, will visit Seattle WA for a reading/booksigning at the Life Enrichment Bookstore, Saturday, July 12, 3pm. Marvin X has fond memories of the few months he lived in Seattle while working on his autobiography Somethin' Proper, Black Bird Press, 1998.
 

I was treated royally by the Seattle people, Black and White. I made a lot of money hustling Seattle's Homeless paper, $400.00 per day @ $20.00 per paper. I wish I could show the homeless brothers and sisters how to hustle in a big way. I don't make that much now selling my books. Maybe I should go back to selling the homeless paper.

For the Women
For the women
Who bear children and nurture them with truth
Who cook and clean behind thankless men
For the women
Who love so hard so true so pure
For the women
With faith in God and men
For the women
Alone with beer and rum
Searching for a man
At the club college church party
For the women
Independent of men
Searching their souls
Who smoke crack and freak
Who love only women
Who play and run and never show
Who rise in revolt in hand with men
Who say never never, never again
For the women who suffer abuse and cry for justice
For the women happy and free of maternal madness
For the women who study and write
For the women who sell their love to starving men
For the women who love to make love and be loved by men
For the women of Afrika who work so hard
For the women of American who suffer the master
For the women who turn to God in prayer and patience
For the women who are mothers of children and mothers of men
For the women who suffer inflation recession abortion recession
For the women who understand the rituals of men and women
For the women who share
For the women who are greedy
For the women with power
For the women with nothing
For the women locked down
For the women down town
For the women who break horses
For the women in the fields
For the women who rob banks
For the women who kill
For the women of history
For the women of now
I salute you. A MAN.
--Marvin X
Circa 1980
When White women read my poster poem For the Women, they weeped on the street. Their reaction to my poem humbled me because it revealed the power of words, how words can move the heart. They wanted to know how a man was able to write such a poem. I told them many women had to suffer my physical, emotional and verbal abuse, especially the mothers of my children. Then too, my attitude changed when my three daughters grew into womanhood. I certainly would not allow any man to abuse them. And I saw my intellectual and spiritual consciousness expressed in my daughters as well as my sons, so I had to throw that patriarchal mentality into the dustbin of history, the notion that sons are more important than daughters. My daughters are the intellectual and spiritual match of any man! Of course, I give all praise to their mothers.


Amira, Nefertiti, Muhammida and Marvin X

We thank Seattle Wa for the invitation, especially Hakeem Trotter and the folks at Life Enrichment Bookstore, located at 5023 Rainer Ave. S, Seattle WA., 3pm.

Marvin X is still working on the 27 City Tour of the Black Arts Movement Poets Choir and Arkestra.
For booking, please call 510-200-4164.


Marvin X, Human Earthquake

Marvin X and the Black Arts Movement Poets Choir and Arkestra, at Black Arts Movement Conference, University of California, Merced, Jan-March, 2014. A Kim McMillan/Marvin X production.



Marvin X, Human Earthquake, and the Black Arts Movement Poets Choir and Arkestra

Malcolm X Jazz/Arts Festival, Oakland, May 17, 2014. Left Marvin X, center David Murray, right Earl Davis of BAW and Sun Ra's Arkestra. 



Killer Quake on July 12th?


Will a large earthquake take place in the United States on July 12, 2014? More specifically, will a quake that will be big enough to kill someone occur between 4:45 am – 7:55 am, or 4:45 pm – 7:55 pm, on the West Coast, in southern California, this coming Saturday?


Earthquake predictor David Nabhan thinks so. In his book, Earthquake Prediction: Answers in Plain Sight: Times and Dates When the Next Great Tremor Might Strike, Nabhan set down the date in print (along with September 9, 2014, as well).

Nabhan's book notes that every earthquake that was powerful enough to be a killer within a 70 mile radius of Los Angeles' city center (between 1933 and 1994) struck within a tight 3 hour window at dawn or a corresponding time interval at dusk. Furthermore, 66% of these events took place within 36 hours of the precise instant of a new or full moon. Other regional examples followed this same pattern.
The Great San Francisco Earthquake (1906) clocked in at 5:12 AM; Loma Prieta (1989) struck almost precisely 12 hours later: 5:04 PM.
Anchorage was destroyed on Good Friday, 1964 at 5:36 PM--47 minutes away from the exact moment when the Moon entered the greatest extent of it's fullness.
The last Big One on the Southern San Andreas (1857) hit Fort Tejon in the early morning.
The May 2, 1996 magnitude 5.4 Seattle earthquake, the largest in that city’s history since 1965, rocked the Puget Sound area no more than 9 minutes outside the time and date forecasted in David Nabhan’s first book....Nabhan suggests there is fairly solid evidence to support the hypothesis that solar and lunar tides working in tandem might actually have a hand in at least helping to trigger tremors on the West Coast. Source.
Needless to say, Nabhan gives himself only a 24 hour range, instead of a 36 hour one, if he predicts for exactly July 12th. But I guess one has to begin somewhere.

The Super Moon of July 12 (which happens to be my birthday) appears to be a powerful one, so perhaps those earthquake preparedness kits would be a good idea for California and Alaska residents. Shop today for water, canned goods, batteries, and first aid equipment. Be careful. Be aware.


I am skeptically open-minded about such predictions, having even written a tribute to Iben Browning upon his death, and a more recent posting on Browning's forecasting.  Of course, debunkers are dubious of such predictions. So, a doubting individual who works in the field of geophysics and I have a bit of a wage in play. 

I don't gamble, but Tim Bergmann (PhD, Dr. sc. ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland, birthday July 13th) wrote me: "My offer: if there will be an earthquake with a Magnitude more than... let's say 5+... during July 12th, I'll give you 500 US$.... if there is no earthquake of that Magnitude (or higher), you'll give me just 1 US$. Deal?"

So, the understanding is as follows: Any magnitude 5 or above earthquake anywhere in the USA during the 29 hour period (taking into account all four times zones on the mainland and the two in Alaska and Hawaii) of July 12, 2014 -> $500 from Dr. Tim Bergmann to Loren Coleman. No earthquakes of 5 or above on July 12th, Coleman gives Bergmann a dollar plus, I will throw in an autographed book.

Actually, I don't wish a large earthquake on any region of the USA, and especially the populated areas of southern California. The "Big One" in Los Angeles could kill hundreds. As it is, my sister Susan lives in southern California, so I hope I will be sending Bergmann his dollar and a book.

But earthquakes, like death and taxes, happen. And I could use $500, in support of Nabhan's insights and for my health-related expenses of late. In the end, too, I think we have to begin to predict earthquakes so people will pay attention.

The Super Moon of July 12th probably will cause some sizable seismic activity, whether it's on the 12th, 13th, or 14th, and whether it is in California, Alaska, Mexico, or Greece.

Be prepared, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment