Monday, July 28, 2014

Augusta Lee Collins will soon perform from the Marvin X Blues Book

Augusta Lee Collins is a true trooper, who will not through in the towel but has tenacity, staying power. He uses the art God blessed him with. They say if you don't use it you will lose it, so this is not Augusta.  His music background is impeccable, Google him! He has performed with me on many occasions and I expect him to be part of my Black Arts Movement Poets Choir and Arkestra 27 City Tour in Honor of the 50th year of the Black Arts Movement and the major player, Ancestor poet Amiri Baraka. Marvin X, The Post Newspaper Group and Eastside Arts is in the initial stages of planning the Bay Area Celebration of the 50th Year of the Black Arts Movement. Marvin X says, "I plan to bring the major players of the Black Arts Movement to Oakland, tentatively February, 2015. We want to honor the revolutionary artists who were part of BAM and are still with us: Sonia Sanchez, Askia Toure, Woody King, Nikki Giovanni, Ed Bullins, Haki Madhubuti, Kalamu Ya Salaam, Last Poets, and Marvin X, among other artistic workers in the Liberation Movement, including Emory Douglas, Minister of Culture of the Black Panther Party. 

FYI, Augusta Lee Collins will be part of the BAM Poets Choir and Arkestra. Let's support Augusta, a true trooper! Can't wait to hear Augusta sing the Marvin X Blues book. Now you know Marvin X will read along with Augusta, if asked. 


Blues Lover on my shoulder

....I write alone
I ask my lover not to hang on my shoulder
I am paranoid
let me compose in peace
find something for you to do that you enjoy
do not look over my shoulder
But I want to see what you are doing
I've never seen anything like this before
let me watch you, please....

Sing Hamza
Play Hamza
--Marvin X
7,27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment