Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Marvin X releases DVD The Mythology of Pussy and Dick, Raw footage videoed at Academy of da Corner, 14th and Broadway, downtown Oakland

Marvin X has released a DVD of Mythology of Pussy and Dick. It is raw, unedited footage from a reading performed at Academy of da Corner, 14th and Broadway, downtown Oakland, during Occupy Oakland protests. Marvin X reads from his poetry on the theme of his best selling pamphlet Mythology of Pussy and Dick. He is accompanied by poets Aries Jordan and Toya Alreadyfamous. This raw footage was videoed by Adam Turner. The DVD is available from Black Bird Press, Oakland, $19.95, includes pamphlet version. To order, call 510-200-4164. Your donation supports Academy of da Corner.

This book empowered me. I didn't know I had that much power. I wish I'd read it when I was eight years old. --a female, 16 years old

It helped me step up my game.--A young brother

Marvin, thank you, thank you, thank you, for writing this. I'm going to make my son and daughter read it.--A Mother

Every 15 year old young man must read this.--Rashid Easley

The Mythology of Pussy and Dick
a manhood/womanhood rites of passage
by Marvin X

No comments:

Post a Comment